Let us initially learn a bit about custom lanyards. They are usually worn around your neck and allow you to secure or display an object without having to carry it around in your hands or pocket. These could be items such as:
• Your mobile telephone
• Pen Drive
• Work Badge
• Identification card
• MP3 Players
You could attach any such item to the lanyard and wear it around your neck, securing the item through a clip that is attached on to the end of the lanyard. This way you have more security, with the possibility of losing your valuable items is at a minimum with a lanyard.
Advertising agents who are now on the look out for promotional products decided to produce Custom Lanyards, since they are always displayed and offer a good mode for advertising. These lanyards are available with custom messages, phrases, slogans and even different types of symbols.
The printed lanyards often have a logo of a particular company, or the name, a symbol and sometimes even a quote. Most often they carry identification cards and are very commonly worn by:
• Employees of major Companies
• Students – mainly in private institutions
• Hospital Staff
• Seminar Attendees
• Government workers
• Military members
• Security personnel
When used by personnel of one particular company or institution, the lanyards are imprinted with the name or logo of that company. This serves as a marketing tool as well as a mode of identification.
Custom Lanyards are advantageous for specific purposes such as:
• A convenient way of displaying identification
• It is far better than a badge or a clip-on, offers comfort around the neck and the chances of misplacing are very much less
• They are mainly used by business organizations to promote their company’s logo and name
• They are ideal as a small token of appreciation to customers
• If they look attractive customers too would use them, thus continuing to promote your company to an extended target group
• These lanyards could be used in fund raisers, with an imprinted slogan or logo for a charitable purpose
Custom Lanyards are made from cotton, nylon or polyester. It is about 3/8″ to 1″ in width, and the standard ones are solid in colour. But most of them will be printed with a company’s name or logo on the material part of the lanyard. The choice of print options is large and this can depend on your budget. The choice of colours too is wide, and it would be to good idea to have it similar to the organization’s colour codes.
At the end of the lanyard is a device that will hold the item you need to carry around. Some of these devices are in the form of swivel hooks, key rings, bull dog clips, reels and so on. Many other options are available as well, and the choice is yours.
Custom Lanyards are now popular in the corporate world, and is a good form of identification for those who work in your office space.